You’ll also need a SIM card to use your iPhone or any other mobile device to make calls and send texts on your area’s phone network. When switching to a new service provider for your phone, you’ll also need to change the SIMcard in your iPhone.
As opposed to working on an Android smartphone, functioning on an iPhone is not always as straightforward. Unlike Android phones and tablets, you cannot access your device’s SIM tray with a sewing needle, drawing pin, or the point of a tack.
Change Sim Card on iPhone
You must use the SIM ejector pin provided in the box to change the Simcard on the iPhone. When opening the box of a used iPhone, some purchasers discover that the SIM ejector pin is missing. If you’re considering purchasing a used Apple product, always check if it comes with all the necessary accessories.
You’ll find instructions on how to do this in this manual for the Apple iPhone. Because the location of the SIM card and SIM tray varies between devices, we also explain how to locate the SIM and change the SIM card on the iPhone with various iPhone models.
How to locate the iPhone SIM Tray and Card?
There are three locations where a Simcard can be inserted into an Apple smartphone. Which are:
- All iPhone 12 models are displayed on the left side of the device.
- All subsequent iPhone models, save the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPhone 3GS, are located on the right side of the device.
- The three additional iPhone models are placed above the iPhone.
- Try looking for a tiny hole the size of a pinhead on the side of the iPhone once you know where to look.
- We can change your Simcard once you’ve identified the simcard tray.
- And after changing, you may insert the sim.
How Do I Get the SIMCard Out Of An iPhone?
Be cautious when seeking a replacement for a lost Apple SIMcard pin. A damaged card tray on an iPhone may cost hundreds of dollars to fix, so Amazon sells hundreds of replacement pins at a discount.
These sim ejectors are ones that many professional phone technicians also use and that you might utilize around the house.
Consider This SIM Ejects Tool Substitutes to Change SimCard on iPhone
Consider these sim eject tool substitutes when changing the simcard on iPhone.
- Open a tiny paper clip.
- Although not all iPhones have identically sized SIM ejector holes, in most cases, a simple, uncurled tool or paperclip will do the task and will tray pop.
- Specific paper clips are more prominent in circumference to hold a lot of paper together.
SIM Ejection Hole
Choose a smaller one to be inserted into the SIM ejection hole easily. And simcard remover tools are here to be considered!
Additionally, use a paperclip without a PVC covering to avoid another headache if it peels off in a confined location.
The best way to change the simcard on the iPhone As Apple engineers make each new generation of their phones easier to use and don’t like to use removable backs on their phones, removing the SIMcard from your iPhone should be a painless operation.
To change cellular carriers, you can learn how to take the SIMcard in your iPhone and out of an iPhone in this book section.
Depending on the iPhone’s make and model, you can also open the SIMcard slot.
Steps to take!
- Later than the iPhone 4 on the right side of your iPhone, look for the SIMcard port.
- Insert the SIM ejection tool (or your desired substitute) in the pinhole opening.
- Apply downward pressure to prevent the bending of your ejection tool.
- You can pull out the simcard slot by having it gently pop out.
- Aligning your new card with the SIM tray’s notches will ensure proper installation.
- After ensuring the tray faces the proper direction, re-insert it to close the sidebar.
Where to Locate the SIM Card Tray
Depending on the model and version of your iPhone, you may need to look for the SIMcard tray on a different page. On an iPhone 12, the SIMcard tray is situated on the left side and may be changed.
The SIMcard tray is also on your iPhone 11 when changing the SIMcard.
Here, you may ask Apple which side of the iPhone the SIMcards should go in.
- iPhone SIM card replacement.
- Then take out your outdated iPhone SIMcard. And then, insert the tray of your sim card.
- You must know the SIMcard format before inserting the new iPhone SIM card.
- The edge is on one side.
Change Sim Card on iPhone
Then take out your outdated iPhone SIM card. Before inserting the new iPhone SIMcard, you must be aware of the change in the SIMcard on the iPhone format.
The SIM card’s edge is beveled on one side.
How to place your new iPhone SIM Card in the SIM Card Tray?
- This beveled edge determines it. The SIMcard only fits the compartment once because of the beveled edge.
- Once again, close the SIMcard tray.
- Gently reinstall the SIMcard tray into the iPhone if your new iPhone’s SIMcard is flush.
- That’s it; you’ve successfully replaced the SIM card in your iPhone 11 or 12.
Special Quality Dual-SIM Smartphones
- Dual-SIM phones are preferable.
- Smartphones with unique dual SIM capabilities.
- The benefit of dual-SIM phones is that you can utilize more than one SIMcard.
- Two SIM cards can fit in the dual SIM cardholder.
- The actual card replacement operates precisely like a smartphone using a SIM card.
Which iPhone Models Support Which SIMCard Types?
Most people concerned about removing iPhone SIMcards are also interested in the kinds of SIM cards that newer handsets support.
The list that follows can serve as a quick reference.
- A mini-SIM card, located at the top of the phone, is used by the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPhone 3GS.
- Present on the right side of the screen, or the left side if you’re looking at the rear, the iPhone 4/4S uses a micro SIMcard.
- The Nano sim cards are used on the right side of the screen, or the left side, if looking at the rear, of the iPhone 5 to the iPhone XS Max.
- The iPhone XS and iPhone XR are not the only devices that use Nano-SIM cards.
This was all about how to remove your SIM card from your iPhone. We think you know everything you need to know to take your SIMcard out of your iPhone successfully.
Can iPhones Change SIM Cards?
Many people inquire whether SIMcards can be changed on an iPhone. You can.
What Is the Kind Of Data Kept On A SIMCard?
User identification, location, phone number, network authorization information, personal security keys, contact lists, and saved text messages are just a few data SIMcards can hold. Mobile users may access this data and the functions that come with it, thanks to SIM cards.
Can you switch SIM cards in iPhone?
After you remove your SIM card from the tray, notice the notch in one corner of the new SIM card. Place the new SIM card into the tray — it will fit only one way because of the notch. Then insert the tray into the device completely and in the same orientation that you removed it. The tray also fits only one way.
Does switching SIM cards delete anything iPhone?
Answer. No. SIM cards do not store data.
Read Also: How To Change Your iPhone Name?