The most used app on the iPhone is Google Maps. It is a holy grail for iPhone users and has been useful whenever anyone needed directions to go anywhere. Millions use it as their go-to navigation tool on phones, tablets, cars, and whatnot. Maps on your iPhone are used mostly to move from point A to point B. There are many tools that people need to become more familiar with and learn how to use. Here are all the details on how Google Maps settings can be changed.
Change Navigations on Google Map Settings
One of the best things about Google Maps is that they show you directions based on traffic information. By using that information, it offers perfect routes. Another plus is that with voice navigation, you will not even have to look at the device. It will also tell you which route and which lane will be best.
- After opening google maps, the following are the things that you will need to do.
- Please tap on the map, search where you want to go, and set it as the destination.
- You can set it as direction by tapping it on Directions. It will show you man symbols like a car, a bus, a bike, a waving person, or a walking icon.
- Here, you will have to choose your mode of transportation.
- The alternative options will be gray, and the main ones will be blue, red, or bright. If you want to follow an alternate route, tap the gray line.
- If you want to start navigation, you have to tap Start. It can happen that when you enter a tunnel or parking garage, you will see the sign “Searching for GPS.” It will mean that you will have no signal.
If you want to stop or if you want to cancel the navigation, you have to drag up also from the bottom and tap Exit.
Change Language on Google Map Settings
Here are the steps to change the language in Google Maps settings.
You must change your phone’s language setting to use the Language on the Google map app.
- The first thing you also need to do is open the Settings app on your iPhone Settings.
- Firstly, you have to tap General and then Language and Region.
- Now, you have to tap the iPhone or iPad Language.
- Select your preferred Language.
- To save the changes, Tap Done.
Change Voice on Google Map Settings
Here are the steps you need to follow to change Voice on Google Map Settings.
- Open the Settings app.
- Now, Tap Siri & Search.
- Now tap the option of Siri Voice.
- In the variety section, you have to tap the type of accent you want to hear, then in the Voice section, choose the variation you prefer.
- There will be several options available.
Configure Default Map Settings on iPhone
Here are also the steps that you need to follow.
- To navigate to the Default Map Settings tab.
- Then you have to make a configuration choice.
- See the Default Map Settings Attributes table for the choice.
- Click save and return to the User Interface Configuration form to save changes.
- To save changes, click save.
Find Accessible Transit Routes
Here is how you can find Accessible Transit Routes.
- First of all, you have to enter a destination into the app.
- Then you will have to Tap Directions and select the public transportation icon.
- Now, in the option of the Routes section, you have to choose Wheelchair accessible.
- When you have chosen this option, the Maps App will display a list of routes that are Wheelchair friendly, but only if they are available for that location.
The Process of Using Indoor Maps
There are many options with which many iPhone users need to become more familiar, and indoor maps are one of them. Here is how you process them.
- Firstly, open Google Apple Maps on your iPhone.
- Then, look for a place that offers indoor maps, like Penn Station in New York.
- A floor plan will be viewed when you zoom in on the map.
- Then you have to choose the levels or floors you’re interested in.
- If you want to learn more about it, tap it on the map.
- You can use the fully zoomed rendition of the map to search more deeply.
Concluding It Up!
Google Maps is an app used daily by millions of people and has been helpful for years. Most of the time, the settings set maps as the default. But you can easily change them. Some people don’t know how to change google maps to the default settings, which is why all the necessary details are mentioned above. Now, you will not have to worry about any changes you must make.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions you need to know about.
Can I make changes in Google’s map of iPhone with iOS 14?
Yes, you can make changes in Google’s map of iPhone with iOS 14 because there are no vast differences.
How to manage Google Maps settings?
Here are also the steps that you need to follow.
1. From the menu icon, you must access the Google Maps Settings from your picture ID icon at the top right of the Explore tab.
2. And then tap Settings.
3. From settings, you have to tap Navigation or Navigation Settings.
Can I use google maps offline?
Yes, you can also use google maps offline, but you must make some changes.
How do I change the measurement units in Google Maps on my iPhone?
To change the measurement units in Google Maps on your iPhone, go to the app’s settings by tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner, then select “Settings” > “Navigation” > “Distance units” and choose your preferred unit of measurement (e.g., kilometers or miles).
How do I turn off voice navigation in Google Maps on my iPhone?
To turn off voice navigation in Google Maps on your iPhone, go to the app’s settings by tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner, then select “Settings” > “Navigation” > “Voice guidance” and toggle off the switch next to “Voice guidance.”
How do I change the language in Google Maps on my iPhone?
To change the language in Google Maps on your iPhone, go to the app’s settings by tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top left corner, then select “Settings” > “Navigation” > “Voice language,” and choose your preferred language.